This potato fry is very simple and needed very less ingredients to prepare. It’s a best accompaniment for rasam. Also with sambar.I used to peel off the skin but its not mandatory.This potato fry tastes crisp in outer and soft in center.
Potato Fry – Ingredients
- Potato – 3 nos(Peeled)
- Kuzhambhu milagai thool/Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Peel off the potato skin and wash it thoroughly.
- Cut them into small equal size cubes.
- Now heat a pan, pour oil in it. Once it get heated, add cubed potatoes and salt.
- Stir for 5 mins in medium flame. It will get half cooked in stirring.
- Then add Chilli powder and stir for 1 min.
- Then sprinkle some water, and cook closed with a lid for 3 mins.
- Once the water get absorbed, open the lid and dry roast in low flame for 4 to 5 mins.
- Stir till the potatoes become crisp. Switch off the flame and garnish with roasted curry leaves.
Serve hot with rasam/ sambar
- No need to add more water. It gets half cooked in sauting itself. Sprinkle some water is enough.
- Instead of kuzhambhu milagai thool, we can add plain red chilli powder. But I recommend kuzhambhu milagai thool. It flavours good.
- If the oil is not enough, you can add little oil while deep frying in low flame.
- Adjust the salt level as your taste.