Home made Tomato Dates Jam – yes you read it right I can say home made ones are always the best.Anyways I admit the store bought ones are tastier. But while we prepare in home, we can make it in healthier way like if we are diet conscious we can reduce the sugar level. Also instead of sugar we can use sugar free as well
Tomato Dates Jam – Ingredients
- Tomato – 5 nos
- Dates – 6 nos
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 1tbsp
- Place tomatoes in boiled water and close with a lid. Keep it aside for 10 Minutes.
- Then take off the tomatoes and let it cool for 5mins under fan.
- Now peel off the outer skin and cut into small pieces.
- Take off the seeds from dates and blend both tomato and dates together in a blender or in mixer.
- Heat a strong bottomed pan,pour ½ tsp of ghee in it . Add the grinded mixture and stir continuously without sticking at the bottom.
- Then add sugar and mix well. Finally add the remaining ghee and stir till it reaches glossy and non sticking consistency. Turn off the flame and fill this in glass bottle or air tight container while it is hot.