Ada Pradhaman – Onam Sadya recipes
Ada Pradhaman – Onam sadya recipes
Thought of posting more onam sadya recipes.But dropped due to hectic work schedule . I prepared this Ada Pradhaman to give a sweet wish for my readers
I surfed for Onam sadya recipes finally ended with Ada pradhaman a traditional sweet keralates used to make on occasions. This is the first time I tried this recipe. Even I never tasted this before. I wonder wats this ada called?? How to make?? But no worries we can get ready made ones in stores :). I have seen home made ada recipe in fellow bloggers site and bookmarked it. Will try and post it soon.
You know how was the taste of this ada pradhaman?? After the first spoon the only thing come into my mind is the story which I heard in my school days “the food prepared by sujatha to the saint”. The food was completely made by milk.. I couldn’t remember fully but still remember that story session by my staff. His narration made me drooling I got the same fulfilling taste in this pradhaman. Ada blended well with coconut milk and tastes exotic. I coulnt stop in one cup. Even I am not a sweet tooth. This recipe tempts me to eat more. Sure I am so happy & satisfied that I posted a good recipe on this beautiful occasion.
Here is how to make ada pradhaman recipe.
Ada Pradhaman recipe – Ingredients
- Rice Ada – ½ cup
- Coconut milk – 3 cups
- Jaggery – ¾ cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Cashews – 1 tbsp
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tsps
- Boil water to bubble reaching stage and switch off the flame. Add the rice ada in it and keep aside for 10 to 15mins or till it becomes slightly soft.Then drain the water completely and set aside.
- Shred the coconut ,grind it by adding enough water, drain the thick milk in one cup.
- Then add some water to the coconut and take thin milk in another cup.Totally you will be having 1 cup of thick coconut milk and 2 cups of thin coconut milk. Keep them aside.
- Heat a wok, add a tsp of ghee, fry the cashews and raisins and keep it aside.
- Take ¾ cup of jaggery, immerse it in hot water for 10 mins. Then drain it to remove impurities.
- Set everything ready then take a sauce pan or wok. Add jaggery syrup and start heating. Once it becomes thickening add slightly softened rice ada. Allow it to boil in medium flame for 5 mins.
- Then add thin coconut milk, once it starts boiling let the flame medium and cook for 7 more mins or till the ada fully cooked and the pradhman becomes thicken.
- Now add the cardamom powder, fried cashews and raisins.
- Stir well and add the half portion of coconut milk and boil it for 2 mins.
- Switch off the flame if the pradhaman is semi thick.
Serve hot or cold garnishing with cashews and raisins.
- I used store bought rice ada. You can use home made ada also. But no need to soak the home made ones in water. You can directly add it in payasam.
- Don’t soak ada in water for long time. It will get mashed while cooking in coconut milk and jaggery syrup.
- Increase jaggery level to 1 cup if you are sweet tooth.
- Turn off the flame if the payasam is slightly thin. It will become thicken once it cooled.
- You can add little milk while serving which we have left half portion in coconut milk.
You might like these recipes also:
- Pomegranate Payasam
- Orange filled Cornflakes kheer
- Semiya Payasam
- Rice kheer
- Paruppu Payasam
- Watermelon Rind Kheer