Andhra Paruppu Podi Recipe | Kandi Podi
Andhra paruppu podi recipe or Kandi podi to be served with hot plain rice with a spoon of ghee or gingelly oil. It is made with same amount of toor dal and potukadalai. This kandi podi is flavoured with garlic.You can store it in airtight container for 2 to 3 months. It comes handy on your lazy days 🙂
Please check out this Rasa podi Recipe also.
Prep time: 10 mins |yields : 1.5 cups
Cuisine : south indian
Andhra Paruppu Podi Recipe – Ingredients
- Red chillies – 14 to 15 nos.
- Toor dal – ½ cup
- Potukadalai (roasted gram) – ½ cup
- Garlic- 1 full pod
- Pepper corns – 1tsp
- Jeera(cumin seeds) – 1tsp
- Curry leaves – ¼ cup
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Hing – ½ tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Heat a kadai, spray some oil, roast the ingredients one by one except hing and salt in medium low flame.
- Once done, completely cool down the roasted ingredients and grind it in a mixer along with hing and salt to a fine powder.
- Sieve the powder and store it in airtight container.
- If you love garlic flavour, you can add more garlic.
- Instead of oil, you can use ghee to roast the ingredients.
- If you store properly in airtight container, you can keep this podi for three months.