Apple Halwa Recipe | Easy Halwa Recipe | how to make apple halwa
Apple Halwa Recipe !! Apple is a fibre rich juicy and pulpy fruit. There is a saying “ An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Yes its true. Apple has lot of health benefits.Which is rich in vitamin C and minerals. Also includes,
- Improve neurological health
- Prevent dementia
- Reduce risk of stroke
- Lower the level of cholesterol
- Ward off breast cancer etc.,
Now to the recipe, apple halwa is a tasty and delicious sweet. Surely this is a treat to apple lovers 🙂 Lets see the preparation.
Check out these apple recipes also:
Prep time: 10 mins |cook time : 20 mins | serves : 2
Cuisine : Indian
Apple Halwa Recipe- Ingredients:
Apple(Pureed with skin) – 1 cup
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Ghee – ¾ cup
Cashews – 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Food color – a pinch(optional)
How to make apple halwa recipe:
- slice apple in to small cubes , grind it in a mixer with skin and take the puree.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan,pour ghee and roast the cashews and keep aside. Then add wheat flour,stir for a min in low flame without burning it.
- Then add pureed apple, stir to incorporate well. Now add milk,sugar and food color.
- Once the sugar starts to melt add remaining ghee and roasted cashews. Keep stirring until it leaves on sides.Then turn off the stove and serve hot.
- Amount of apple and wheat flour should be equal. You can adjust depends on the apple you add. No need to add water for this halwa
- Apple itself gives nice flavor. No need to add apple essence.
- Also food color is optional. It will be good as a natural look.
Linking this recipe to Cooks Joy Dish It Out – Diwali Bash event