Aval Payasam | Poha Recipe
Aval Payasam – simple and easy dessert to make at home for festivals and neivedhyam. There are many variations to make this poha recipe. This method is to cook poha in milk and flavoured with cardamom and topped with ghee roasted nuts. Serve this payasam hot or cold.
Here is the procedure for how to make aval payasam.
Aval Payasam recipe
- Aval(Poha) – ½ cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Cashews – 3 tbsp
- Raisins – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Rinse poha with enough water and keep aside.
- Heat a non stick pan or kadai, add ghee,once it gets heated , roast cashews and raisins and keep aside.
- In the same pan, roast washed poha till the color slightly changes and keep aside.
- Boil milk, add sugar and roasted poha in it.
- After the poha cooked well and the milk slightly thickens, add cardamom powder ,roasted cashews and raisins.
- Allow to boil for 3 mins and turn off the flame.
Serve Hot or cold.
- Adjust the sugar if you need more or less.
- Do not soak poha in water for long time. Simply rinse and roast.
- Also no need to roast poha for long time and it changes to brownish color. Roast in low flame till the color slightly changes.
- Instead of cardamom, you can use rose water for flavor.
You might like these recipes also:
- Pomegranate payasam
- Orange filled corn flakes kheer
- Semiya payasam
- Ada pradhaman
- Paruppu payasam
- Watermelon rind kheer