Beetroot Halwa | Indian Sweet Recipes
Usually deep red roots of beetroot are eaten either grilled, boiled, or roasted as a cooked vegetable, cold as a salad. Beetroot can be peeled, steamed, and then eaten warm with butter as a delicacy . UK researchers revealed that nitrate is the special ingredient in beetroot which lowers blood pressure and may help to fight heart disease.Very interesting is it?? But how we can let children to eat beetroots :s .Yes, inviting sweets and desserts are the only way.Lets give a try on this delicious beetroot halwa recipe.
Beetroot Halwa | Indian Sweet Recipes – Ingredients
- Beetroot – 2 nos.
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Cashews – 10 nos
- Milk – 2 cups
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Peel Beetroot skin and grate it using a grater
- Heat a wok,pour 2 tbsp of ghee,roast the cashews and Keep aside.
- In the same pan,sauté chopped beetroot for 5 mins in medium flame till the raw smell leaves and the beets get half cooked.
- Now add milk,allow it to cook the beetroot in milk.
- Once it cooked and milk level reduced,add sugar,once it fully dissolved add remaining ghee,roasted cashews and then cardamom powder.
- Stir until the ghee seperates on sides and the milk get absorbed fully.
Serve hot or cold
- You can add unsweetened Khoa/khoya to get a rich texture.
- You can add blanched almonds and other nuts.
- Adjust sugar and ghee level as needed.
Check out my halwa recipes :