Bhindi Masala!! .. is an easy recipe to prepare. It’s a semi dry goes well as side dish for chapati and steamed rice as well. Okra is rich in fiber content and Vitamin K. Which prevents constipation,diabetes and sun stroke. This vegetable ensures lesser absorption of cholesterol preventing heart diseases and ailments occurring due to cholesterol in the blood. So eat healthy and tasty 🙂 Lets move on to recipe.
To check more indian veg recipes, click here
- Bhindi/Okra/Lady’s finger/ Vendakai – 250gms
- Big onion – 1 (Finely chopped)
- Tomato – 3 nos(Pureed)
- Red chilli Pwd – 1 tsp
- Coriander pwd – 2 tsp
- Cumin pwd – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Shallots – 5 to6 nos.
- Garlic – 4 to 5 flakes
- Ginger – small piece
- Green chillies – 2 no.
To temper :
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon – small stick
To fry lady’s finger:
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Chilli pwd – ½ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
1. Chop Ladys finger and onion finely.Take puree of tomatoes and set aside.
2. Grind the paste given under “ to grind” and keep aside.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, add lady’s finger in it. Then sprinkle turmeric, red chilli pwd and salt with the measures given under “To fry lady’s finger”.
4. Keep the flame lower,stir occasionally, and cook the bhindi’s to deep fry.
5. Once done, keep it aside.
6. In another pan, add oil, temper with fennel seeds, cloves and cinnamon.Then add onions, stir till it turns transparent.
7. Now add the grinded onion garlic mix, sauté well till the raw smell leaves. Then add pureed tomatoes, stir well till the oil seperates from it.
8. Then add red chilli pwd, coriander pwd, cumin pwd and garam masala.Stir well for 1 min.
9. Add ½ cup of water to it. Let it boil for 2 mins.
10. Then add the fried bhindi’s, stir and cook closed for 2 mins. Switch off and transfer to serving bowl.
Serve hot with steamed rice/Chapathi
- While frying bhindi’s, you can add little more oil as per need.
- Also you can reduce the chilli pwd level. Because we are using green chillies also.
Please look out this gravies as well.