Capsicum Chicken | chicken recipes
Hello, friends! Hope you all doing great. It’s been nearly one month I have written recipe post. I was surprised and happy to see the messages from fellow bloggers and readers asking about the gap in blogging, recipe requests from friends etc., Now I understood that the responsibility which my passion yields. Sometimes I thought of quitting and you readers gives me the strength to run again.A big thanks for all your amazing support.
Here is a capsicum chicken recipe we serve as a starter, side dish for any rice and even with flatbreads. It’s easy bell pepper flavoured chicken anyone should fall in love certainly.I can say it tastes closer to restaurant style appetizer.There is no tempering in this recipe and the crispiness and flavor of capsicum with chicken is a key for this dish.
Let’s see how to prepare capsicum chicken.
You might be interested in these dry chicken recipes:
Capsicum Chicken Recipe
- Chicken – 500gms(preferably boneless will be good)
- Capsicum(bell pepper) – 1 cup(chopped as cubes)
- Big onions – 1 cup( chopped as cubes or as needed)
- Tomato –¾ cup(chopped finely)
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 1 ½ tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Curd – 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1½ tsp
- Garam masala – 1½ tsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Wash chicken well in tap water for two to three times and completely drain the water.
- Add the items given under “ to marinate” to washed chicken , mix well and sit for 30 mins in refrigerator.
- After 30 mins, let the chicken sit in room temperature for 15 mins before cooking.
- Heat a wok , add oil,once heated sauté onions to transparent,. Then add tomatoes and sprinkle salt over it.
- Stir for a minute. No need to cook tomatoes fully. Now add chopped capsicum and sauté well for a minute.
- Transfer it to bowl. Make sure the onions and capsicum are not soft. It should be crisp after sauting. So no need of sauting for long time.
- In the same wok, add one more tbsp of oil and add marinated chicken in it. Also add washed curry leaves.
- Stir until the chicken oozes out water.Keep the flame low, sprinkle some water and close with a lid.
- This water is enough to cook the chicken. Let it it cook in low flame for 7 to 10 mins.
- Open and check the chicken is cooked. If it is done , remove the lid, stir in high flame till the chicken completely absorbs water.
- Then add tomato sauce ,soy sauce and little salt. Mix well in medium flame and add sautéed onion,tomatoes and capsicum. Mix well and stir in high flame for some seconds and turn off the flame.
- Add some finely chopped coriander leaves and close with a plate or lid.
- Mix well before serving.
Serve with Indian flat breads/starter/side dish for any rice.
- Preferably boneless chicken for this recipe. But you can use with bones also.
- Do not add more water while cooking the chicken , then the flesh becomes rubbery. The water oozes from chicken is enough to cook. But we can sprinkle 2 to 3 tbsps of water and cook in low flame.
- I used green capsicum alone. But we can use red and yellow varieties in combo too. That adds more attractive to this recipe.
- Make sure you are adding correct salt level as we added salt in marination.
Check out these chicken recipes also.
- Chicken Kuzhambhu(Restaurant style)
- Spicy chicken Gravy
- Mughlai Chicken Biryani
- Chettinad Pepper Chicken
- Chicken Biryani (Pressure cooker)
- Naatu kozhi kuzhambhu
- Chicken kuzhambhu