Carrot Halwa – Gajar Ka Halwa – Gajrala – Gajar Halwa
Carrot Halwa is a famous Punjabi dessert. We can say as Gajar Halwa, Gajrala or Gajar Ka Halwa. This halwa is absolutely delicious and healthy. I prepared this with full cream milk. We can add condensed milk as well to enhance the taste. Addition of nuts, cardamom and saffron adds flavor for this halwa.
Check out how to make carrot halwa preparation.
Carrot Halwa – Ingredients
- Carrot – 3 cups(Heaped)
- Milk – 3 cups
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Ghee – 5 tbsps
- Cardamom powder – A pinch
- Cashews – 5 nos.
- Pistachios – 5 nos (Optional)
- Salt – a pinch
- Wash the carrots, peel the skin and grate it using grater.Keep it aside.
- Now Heat a strong bottomed pan, pour a tbsp of ghee, once heated roast cashews and pista then keep it aside.
- Roast the grated carrots in the ghee for 2 to 3 mins in medium flame.Once it starts to change pale colour and raw smell leaves add milk to it.
- Allow it to boil and keep stirring until the milk fully absorbs.
- Then add sugar, stir well till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Now add ghee and roasted nuts and mix well till the halwa leaves the ghee on sides.
- Serve this desserts hot or chilled.
- Along with nuts , you can use saffrons also.
- Sauting carrot in ghee for some minutes is must, it will fasten cooking time of carrot and will avoid raw smell of carrot.
- Adjust the sugar and ghee level as for you taste.