Broken channa sundal is a healthy recipe. This pulse is high in protein as well as dietary fiber that aids digestion and keeps you full for longer. In Eastern cuisine, chickpeas and its varieties are widely in use and they are often included in several curry dishes. Chana dal is one of such varieties that provides good nutrition and can help you edge towards a better body and overall well-being.Hope this sundal helps you for your eve snack 🙂
- Channa dal – 1 cup
- Coconut – 2 tbsp (shredded)
- Hing – ¼ tsp
- Salt – as needed
To temper :
- Oil – 1tsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Red chillies – 3 nos.
- Curry leaves – few springs
- Soak channa dal in water for 1 hour. Then rinse well, and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles with 1 ½ cups of water,salt and Hing.
- After the pressure releases, take the sundal and drain the water completely and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard once it starts to splutter, add curry leaves followed by red chillies,give a quick stir and add cooked dal.
- Blend well and finally add the shredded coconut,give a quick stir and switch off the stove.
- Don’t over cook the dal else it becomes mashed.
- You can garnish with coriander leaves which gives nice flavour.
- Adding hing while pressure cook is optional. We can add while tempering also