Chicken cutlet |Chicken Tikkis
Chicken cutlet or chicken tikkis or chicken patties are prepared using minced chicken added with mashed potatoes and spices. It is best to serve as evening snack along with mayonnaise dip or tomato sauce. You can make these cutlets both oil fried or pan fried. You can keep this chicken kheema in refrigerator for 2 to 3 days and make hot patties whenever you need. Also you can keep this fried patties in refrigerator for more than a week. Defrost the frozen patties in oven and serve. Heap of ways to preserve these patties so we can make a big batch of kheema and stock for instant snacks.
Here we go how to make chicken patties
Prep time: 15 mins | cook time : 25 mins | yields : 12 to 15 (depends on size of patties)
Chicken Cutlet Recipe – Ingredients
To pressure cook chicken:
- Chicken – 250gms
- Bay leaf -1 no
- Cinnamon – small stick
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – a pinch(just to sprinkle over chicken)
- Water – 2 cups
To make cutlet:
- Potato – 1 large or 2 medium sized
- Big onions – 2 nos(finely chopped)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
- Green chilies – 2 nos(finely chopped)
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup(finely chopped)
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 2 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Eggs – 1 no
- Maida flour – 4tbsp or as needed
- Bread crumbs – ¼ cup or as needed
- Oil – to deep fry
- Pressure cook chicken along with bay leaf, cinnamon, ginger garlic paste, salt and water for 5 to 6 hisses. Once the pressure releases, let the chicken completely cool. If the chicken is with bones, separate the flesh part alone in a bowl and blend to fluffy level in a mixer. If the chicken is boneless, simply process in blender.
- Wash and cut the potatoes in two halves and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles. Once the pressure releases, cool the potatoes, peel the skin and mash it well.
- Heat a kadai, add oil, add onions and green chillies in it. The add ginger garlic paste and saute well till the onion turns translucent and ginger garlic paste leaves it raw smell.
- Add salt and mix well. Now add the spices red chili powder,garam masala and stir well.
- Add the processed chicken to it and stir to coat the masalas well in chicken. Lastly add mashed potatoes to the chicken and mix well in low flame. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Switch off the flame,add lemon juice and give a nice mix. Cool down completely to make the patties.
- Once it cooled down, use your hands to mix the chicken masala and part as equal sized balls.
- Wet your hand using oil or water to make the patties. Wet in hand will avoid cracks on cutlets. Now press the balls using palm and make round patties and keep in plate.
- Once all the patties done, dust the patty well in maida flour, and then to beaten egg and finally coat with bread crumbs equally on all sides.
- Do the same for remaining patties and set in a plate.
- Heat a wok, add enough oil to fry the patties. Once the oil gets heated, keep the flame low and fry the cutlets.
- Fry equally on both sides to crisp and golden brown and place it in kitchen towl to drain excess oil.
Serve hot and crisp with tomato ketchup or mayanoisse.
- Do not grind chicken to paste. Just fluffy level is enough to make cutlets.
- If the mixture is more moist, add little corn flour or maida to it.
- Do not fry the tikkis in high flame, it will make the cutlets burn. Do it in medium flame after the oil heats well.
- If you pan fry the patties, fry well on sides also.
You might like these snacks recipes also