Chicken Fry !! 🙂 This is a best appetizer to have with tomato sauce and mint chutney. Also accompanied well with all rices. Its very easy to prepare we can make it in 3 steps. Just clean, Marinate and fry. Yes it tastes really good. If you feel lazy to prepare biryani or gravies on some day’s. You can prepare this and serve with simple rasam :). Now off to recipe.
Chicken Fry – Ingredients
- Chicken (with bones) – ½ kg
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
- Curd – 1 tbsp
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – to fry
- Wash the chicken thoroughly with water for 3 to 4 times.
- Then add ½ tsp of turmeric and give a quick blend and let it sit for 5mins.
- Again rinse the chicken with water for 3 times. Completely rinse the water and place the chicken pieces in a mixing bowl.
- Now add all the ingredients except oil to marinate the chicken.Mix well and keep it in fridge for 20 mins. Or else keep it outside for 30 mins.
- Then take out from fridge and wait until the chicken reaches to room temperature.
- Now heat a pan and pour required amount of oil to fry the chicken.wait till oil gets heated and keep it in medium flame.
- Now Drop the pieces one by one in oil, Fry in medium flame. Then flip on all sides till it turns brownish and crisp.
- Then drain the oil completely and place it in kitchen towel.
- Garnish with onion and coriander leaves. Sprinkle some lemon over it.
Serve with tomato sauce as a starter. It goes well as a accompaniment of Rasam, sambar and all variety rices.
- If you keep chicken in fridge for marination. Let it sit outside for 15 mins to reach room temperature.
- For perfect restaurant look, you can add pinch of red food color. But better to avoid for home usage.
- Once the oil is heated, keep it in medium flame and fry the chicken. If you keep it in high flame, sometimes the chicken will not cook properly.
- Adjust the salt as needed.
- Also adjust the spice level by adding or reducing the chilli powder.