Chicken Kuzhambhu Recipe |Chicken recipes
Chicken kuzhambhu recipe, south indian special spicy gravy to go well with steamed rice or as side dish for chapati, naan or roti’s. This chicken kuzhambhu recipe is made with freshly grounded masalas. Undoubtfully its a hit recipe.
Let see how to make chicken kuzhambhu recipe.
Chicken Kuzhambhu Recipe
Chicken – 1/2 kg
Shallots (chinna vengayam) – 10 nos.
Big onions – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Green chili – 1 no.
Tomatoes – 2nos (finely chopped) (Medium sized)
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
Garam Masala- 1 tsp
Hot water – 2 cups
Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Coconut – 1/2cup (shredded)
Cashew nuts – 4 to 5 nos.
Green chili – 1 no
Pepper corns – 1/2 tsp
Pottukadalai (roasted gram) – 1 tsp
Fennel seeds (sombu) – 1/2 tsp
Oil -3 tbsp
Bay leaf – 1 no
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch piece
Cardamom – 1 no1/
Marudani mokku – 2 or 1 piece
Curry leaves – 1 sprig (optional)
1. Wash chicken for 2 to 3 rinses, then add a pinch of turmeric powder and again wash it for 2 rinses.
2. Grind the Masala given under “to grind” in a mixer and keep aside.
3. Heat a kadai, add butter, after it melts add oil and season with the items given under to season one by one.
4. Add chopped onions and green chili ,saute till it turns transparent and then add ginger garlic paste. Stir well till the raw smell leaves.
5. Add finely chopped tomatoes to it and saute till it gets cooked fully like thokku consistency.
6. Add all spice powders which includes red chili powder, garam masala and coriander powder.Mix well to blend all the spices.
7. Add washed chicken pieces to it. Stir without adding water for 2 to 3 mins. You can see water starts to oozes from chicken. In this stage add hot water and allow it boil.
1. Do not skip cashews in grounded masala. It gives a rich and flavourful gravy.
2. Adjust the spice level as for your taste.
3. Addition of shallots gives wonderful taste for this kuzhambhu. You can add completely shallots only instead of big onions.
You light like these chicken recipes also:
- Chicken kuzhambhu (restaurant style)
- Chicken 65
- Spicy chicken gravy
- Chettinad pepper chicken
- Naatu kozhi kuzhambhu