Chicken Kuzhambhu Restaurant Style | Chicken Recipes
Chicken Kuzhambhu restaurant style recipe.Made with aromatic grounded spices.
Check out how to make chicken kuzhambhu.
Chicken Kuzhambhu Restaurant Style – Ingredients
- Chicken – 500gms
- Big onions – 1 no(Finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 2 nos (Finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic(Crushed) – 2 tbsp
- Green chilli – 1 no.(Slitted)
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Coconut – ¼ cup
- Cashews – 4 nos.
To marinate :
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Lemon juice – 1 ts
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
To roast and grind:
- Red chillies – 6 to 7 nos.
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Cinnamon – small stick
- Cardamom – 1 no.
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Rice – 1 tsp
- Pepper corns – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
- Split roasted gram / Pottukadalai – 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
- Fresh or frozen coconut – 2 tbsp( Shredded)
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Bay leaf – few
- Curry leaves – few
- Wash chicken pieces well and marinate with the items(red chilli powder, turmeric,lemon juice and salt) given under “ to marinate”.
- Let it sit for 1 hr.Meanwhile chop onions, tomatoes and green chillies . Also roast the spices and grind to smooth powder or little coarse.
- Grind coconut and cashews together to smooth paste and keep aside.
- Now heat a wok, add oil and season with mustard, curry leaves, and bayleaf.
- Then add the chopped onions, stir for few mins till the onion turns transparent or pinkish. Then add crushed ginger garlic. Saute well till the raw smell leaves.
- Its time to add the chopped tomatoes, sauté well until it turns pickle consistency. You can sprinkle salt over the tomatoes to reduce the cooking time of tomato.
- Now add the marinated chicken pieces, stir well in high flame for 5 mins. It will get half cooked in the water it leaves.So no need to add extra water now.
- Once the chicken half cooked, add the grounded spice powder. Blend well and stir for few mins in medium flame.
- Now add 1 cup of water and salt to it. Let it boil and allow the chicken to cook fully.
- Better to cook closed with a lid.
- Check in the mid whether the chicken is cooked well. Finally add the coconut paste and mix well.
- Allow it to boil until it reaches thick consistency. Now the oil starts to separate on the side. Its right time to turn off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with steamed rice/idli/Dosa/All Indian flat breads.
- For marination, you can keep it in refrigerator as well. But make sure it reaches room temperature before cooking.
- Adjust the spice level for your taste.
- You can prepare the naatu kozhi/country chicken in the same method. It will taste more than broiler chicken.
You might like these recipes also.