Chilli Paneer Gravy
To me, paneer recipes give indulge taste. This chilli paneer gravy is an awesome combo for chappathi or naan. A mash up of paneer,onions, tomatoes, and spices taste wonderful.It takes very less time to prepare. I soaked paneer in hot water for some time before cooking. Which tastes very soft and exotic .Now off to the recipe.
Prep time : 15 mins | Cook time : 15 mins | Serves : 3
Recipe Category : Gravies
Recipe Cuisine : North Indian
- Paneer – 200g (Cubed)
- Big Onions – 1 (roughly Chopped)
- Tomato – 2 (roughly Chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Salt – as required
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Slice the paneer into cubes and place it in warm water until we use.
- Grind big onions and tomatoes separately and keep aside.
- Heat the kadai, add 1 tbsp of butter, once it melts add 1tbsp of oil. Now add grinded onion and ginger garlic paste. Saute till the raw smell leaves.
- Then add the tomato puree, sauté till the oil separates. After that add red chilli powder, garam masala and turmeric.Give a quick stir.
- Then add ¾ cup of water, salt and sugar. Allow it to boil for some time. Once it comes to semi gravy consistency, add the paneer cubes, allow it to boil for 3 mins.
- Finally add milk,give a quick stir and switch off after one boil. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with roti/naan/chapathi.
- You can fry the paneer cubes in oil instead of soaking in hot water.
- Addition of methi leaves powder will give nice flavor and rich taste
- Instead of milk,you can use fresh cream.