Coconut Laddoo – A festive recipe. Usually we make laddoos in besan, wheat and other flours. While browsing I got coconut laddoo in Indian Cuisine. It looks perfect and glossy. I have no idea of how the taste will be. I made a try and the outcome was outstanding.I am fond of coconut candy’s.Though it is a laddoo, but the thick consistency of sugar blends well with coconut and tastes wonderful to chew in mouth. Refer the below notes for right consistency.
Here I posted the pics from first try. Don’t you believe? its true. No need to wait for second attempt. It’s a great success in very first time. Lets see the recipe preparation.
Coconut Laddoo – Ingredients
- Coconut – 1 cup(shredded)
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Cardamom/Elaichi powder – ½ tsp
- Food colour(yellow) – a generous pinch (optional)
- Grate the coconut without blacks and keep it aside. I mean don’t grate it to the bottom.
- Heat a wok , pour a tsp of ghee,then add coconut and sugar together.
- Stir well till the sugar completely melts. Now add the crushed cardamom(Elaichi/ Yelakai) or powdered one and the yellow food color.
- Once it starts to thickening, switch off the flame and let it cool to hand touch resistant temperature.
- Then pinch a small portion and make small laddoos(balls) using your palm.
- I used fresh grated coconut to make these laddoos. Sorry guys not sure how the frozen one works J Surely will check soon and update in notes.
- Turn off the flame immediately once it starts thickening.If the time exceeds the consistency may differs. It will not be easy to make balls it starts to break. So make sure about the right consistency.
- Adding food color is completely optional.