Coconut rice | Lunch recipes
Coconut rice– easy lunch recipe to pack for office. The method I shared here is very simple and you can finish it in 15 mins. This rice goes well with potato fry or vadagams. We can serve with some gravies also.
Here is a method how to make coconut rice.
Coconut Rice Recipe
- Rice – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Coconut(shredded) – 1 ¼ cups
- Hing – ¼ tsp
- Salt – as needed
To season :
- Coconut oil – 3 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – ½ tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tbsp
- Peanuts – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Wash rice and pressure cook with 2 cups of water.
- Heat a kadai, add oil and season with the items given under “to season”.
- Then add shredded coconut, salt and hing.
- Saute for a 1 minute in low flame. Add rice and slowly mix without mashing the rice.
- Turn off the flame and serve with papad or some curries.
- While shredding the coconut , do not over shred at bottom.
- Use coconut oil or refined oil of your choice.
- Do not skip adding asafetida(hing).
- Adjust the salt of your taste and mix well with coconut.
You might like these recipes also :