Corn Cob | Corn Recipes
Corn Cob | Corn Recipes – An easy and healthy munch. Yes, especially for this winter. A freshly picked sweet corn is pressure cooked with cob and flavored with garlic, butter and coriander. Usual method of cooking corn is to remove the husks and silk threads. In some versions, it should be grilled along with husk after that it should be removed. Anyways, I didn’t try that method yet. The corn should be served hot to get an awesome taste.
Prep time : 10 mins | Cook time : 15 mins | Serves : 3
Cuisine : Indian
Category : Snacks
Recipe Source : Life With Spices
Corn Cob | Corn Recipes – Ingredients
To pressure cook Corn:
- Corn cobs /Solakaruthu – 3 nos.
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Water – 4 cups
For the Spread:
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves (Finely chopped) – 3 tbsp
- Chilli flakes – 1 tbsp
- Garlic (Crushed) – 1 tbsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Remove the husks and silk threads from corn and pressure cook it with salt for 4 whistles.
- After the pressure releases, drain the water completely and keep the solam(Corn) in a plate.
- While cooking the Solam, you can prepare the spread side by side. In a bowl, add butter, finely crushed garlic and coriander leaves, chili flakes, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix well with a spoon to blend altogether.
- Spread this garlic flavored butter cream to hot corns and enjoy.
- Instead of pressure cooking the corn,you can also steam cook in idli pan for 10 to 15 mins.Water should be in immerse level of corn.
- If the spread stands remaining, you can refrigerate and use till 2 days, but not more than that. But recommended to use fresh spread for finer taste.
- Salt level should be adjusted as for the taste.