Creamy Curd Rice | Thayir Sadam
Today’s Recipe – Creamy Curd Rice | Thayir Sadam
Curd Rice? Yes. You may think what’s new to post curd rice that too in blog.Because I also thought the same 🙂 . I went through some blogger’s site. They did something new in curd rice which I really have no idea before. Especially butter. Yes butter is very new to me.I wonder how butter works in curd rice. Raks Kitchen have an answer for it 🙂 she added hot milk and butter together and curd separately. I prepared this recipe and become very addicted to this creamy curd rice. So thought of sharing with you friends. 🙂 Hope this curd rice will fill your lunch box in this hot summer 🙂
Ingredients – Creamy Curd Rice Recipe | Thayir Sadam
- Rice – 1 cup
- Water – 2 ½ cups( To cook rice)
- Curd – ½ cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Raw mango – 2 tbsp(Chopped)
- Cucumber – 2 tbsp(Chopped)
- Carrot – 2 tbsp(grated)
- Cashews – 2 tbsp(chopped) (optional)
- Coriander leaves – few
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – 1 tso
- Mustard – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Green chillies – 1 or 2( finely chopped)
- Wash the rice and pressure cook with 2 ½ cups of water. Let the pressure leaves and mash the rice using ladle.
- Then heat a milk and add the hot milk to rice.Also add the butter now itself, so it melts in the heat. Just give a quick blend and let it cool completely.
- Then add curd and salt to it.Mix well. It will become creamy in texture.
- Now add the chopped raw mango, cucumber,carrot, cashews and coriander leaves. Blend well.
- Then temper with the items given under “to temper”.
- Add this seasoning to curd rice and mix well.
Serve this creamy curd rice with the accompaniment of any of your favourite pickle.
- Add little more water than usual to cook rice .For curd rice , rice should be little mashy.
- Adding butter is optional. But it tastes good if you add.
- Also adding cashews is your choice.If you add it will look rich textured.
- You can also add a pinch of asafoetida and small piece of grated ginger while seasoning. It will enhance the flavor.
Friends wanna print this recipe?? Go ahead with this recipe card 🙂