Curry Leaves Rice Recipe / Karuvepillai Sadam
Karuvepillai rice / Karuvepillai sadam / Curry leaves rice recipe – A healthy pot meal to have with best accompaniments of papad and pickle. I am not much interested in curry leaves rice so I usually not prefer to prepare this recipe. As a request from my friend I prepared to post :). I can say it’s a healthiest rice to have. It’s very good for hair growth and eye vision. Lets see the recipe preparation.
Curry Leaves Rice Recipe – Ingredients
- Rice – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt – as needed
To roast and grind:
- Red chillies – 8 nos.
- Coriander seeds – 2 tbsp
- Channa dal – 1 tbsp
- Pepper corns – 1 tbsp
- Thoor dal – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 cup (Tightly packed)
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 2 tsp
- Wash rice and cook with 2 cups of water and required salt. Once done let it cool completely.
- Wash curry leaves thoroughly and place in cotton cloth or kitchen towl to absorb the water if any.
- Then heat a wok and dry roast the ingredients except curry leaves. Once the ingredients are finely roasted switch off the stove and finally add the curry leaves . Make sure there is no water in curry leaves.
- After some time the curry leaves will turn crispy with the heat of wok itself.
- Grind the roasted ones in blender to a fine powder.
- Then heat a season pan, add oil once it get heated add mustard, urad dal and cashew nuts. Roast well till it turns golden brown.
- Add the seasoning to cooled rice and blend well. Mix the powder equally and serve with papads and pickle.
- While seasoning and deep frying keep the flame medium or low to avoid burning.
- If you think 8 red chillies are too spicy you can reduce the level.
- Adjust the salt as per taste.
- Make sure no water in curry leaves while adding .
Linking this recipe to Beulah’s First blog Anniversary event.