Custard powder Halwa recipe | Halwa recipes
Custard powder Halwa recipe – easy halwa recipe made with vanilla flavoured custard powder .Halwa came out well as soft and delicious .I added cashews alone. You can add mixed of chopped nuts also. Custard halwa looks glossy and appealing. It really tempts everyone to eat . You can keep this halwa for two days without refrigerating. If you keep it in fridge it will be good for one week. This halwa needs less effort to make. Use wooden ladle to stir and add ghee inbetween if needed.
Here is a method how to make custard powder halwa recipe.
Custard powder halwa Recipe
- Custard powder(any flavor) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Water – 4 cups
- Ghee – 4 to 5 tbsp(Melted)
- Cashews – 5 to 6 nos.
- Food color (Yellow) – a pinch
- Grease a plate with ghee and keep aside.
- In a bowl, Mix sugar,custard powder and water together . Beat well till the sugar dissolves.
- Heat a strong bottomed pan add ghee,fry the cashews and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add little more ghee and pour the custard and sugar mixture. Keep stirring without any lumps.
- Add ghee little by little in the mid while stirring.
- Once it becomes slightly thickening, add ghee fried cashews and stir well.
- Stir continuously until the ghee separates on sides. Switch off the flame and pour this halwa on greased plate.
- Let it cool down completely and cut into desired shapes or cubes.
- I used vanilla custard powder, but you can use any flavor.
- Adding food colour is option. You can use any colour.
- Adjust the sugar and ghee as needed.
- We can use mixed of nuts as well.
You might like these recipes also: