Eggless red velvet cake | Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting
Eggless Red Velvet cake recipe – thought of making something special for valentines day. And ended with Easy red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting :). What else is more special than this for valentines day. This moist red velvet cake is made with simple ingredients and iced with cream cheese. After watching the movie premam, I planned to prepare this velvety cake and this is the right time I hope 🙂 This cake didn’t fail me in first attempt itself. I made this as three layered cake and I baked each layers separately to get equal size. You can easily make this red velvet cake at home.
You might be interested in these cakes:
Check out how to make eggless red velvet cake with stepwise pictures.
Prep time : 15 mins | Bake time : 40 mins
cuisine : World | Recipe Source : here
Eggless Red velvet Cake – Ingredients
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Butter milk – ½ cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Distilled white vinegar -1 tbsp
- Red food color – 1 tsp or as needed
Cream cheese Frosting:
- Cream cheese – 1 cup
- Butter – 200g
- Icing sugar – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease the cake pan with butter and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, take sugar ½ cup and 1/3 oil, whisk well till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Then add butter milk, vanilla essence and vinegar. Beat well till all the ingredients incorporate.
- Sieve dry ingredients all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda together into wet ingredients.
- Slowly beat without any lump. Add food color into it and give a gentle whisk.
- Transfer this to greased pan and bake in pre-heated oven for 40 mins.
- Check with fork or tooth prick by inserting in centre, If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- After 5 mins, invert the cake in cooling rack and completely cool down before frosting.
- Do the same for two more cake layers.
- For cream cheese frosting, in a mixing bowl, take cream cheese and butter in room temperature.
- Beat well till it becomes soft. Now add icing sugar and beat till it becomes completely frothy.
- Finally add vanilla essence and beat to soft peaks consistency.
- Place some cream on first layer and spread using a knife, place the second layer on top of first layer.
- Do creaming on second layer and place the third layer over it. Do icing on sides and top of the cake.
- Let it sit for 10 mins. Cut into slices and serve.
- Pre-heat is must to bake the cake. So pre-heat the oven for atleast 10 mins.
- You can use edible red gel or liquid food color for coloring.
- If you want natural food color use beetroot juice also.
- Cream cheese frosting is the best combo for red velvet cake. Instead we can do any frosting like butter cream or whipping cream.
- If you don’t want three layers, you can stop with two layer or single layer.
- The cake measure I mentioned above is for single layer. I repeated the same measurements for remaining two layers. If you have big sized OTG or oven, you can bake three layers at a time.