Fish Fry | Fish recipes | Non Veg Recipes
Fish Fry, an irresistible starter to fill the palate. The ingredients which I mentioned and method will apply for all kind of fishes. So you can play with any varieties by adjusting the levels of ingredients. I usually get fishes cutting done at the market, as it is time consuming job.So wash, Marinate and Fry to set ready for lunch. You know the fish fries are simply awesome to have with Rasam alone. I always love to have it that way.
Here is the crispy Fish Fry recipe
Fish Fry | Fish recipes | Non Veg Recipes – Ingredients
Prep time : 10 mins | Marination : Overnight or 2 hrs | Cook time : 10 mins
Cuisine : Indian | Category : Non Veg | Source : Mom
- Fish Fillets – 8 to 10 pieces(Any variety)
- Shallots/small onions – 8 nos
- Garlic flakes – 8 nos
- Red chillies – 10 to 15 nos.
- Sombu/fennel seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Lemon juice – ¼ tsp
- Oil – to deep Fry
- Soak red chilies in water for 5 mins and drain well. Peel of onion,garlic and keep aside.
- In a mixer bowl, add onion, garlic, fennel seeds and red chilies.Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Wash any kind of fish slices(I used panna fish) thoroughly with tap water for 4 to 5 times.
- Drain the water completely from fish,add grounded masala,salt and lemon juice, mix well to coat all over the fish.
- Refrigerate overnight or 2 hours. Let it sit for room temperature before frying.
- Heat oil in a kadai to deep fry fish, once heated , add one or two pieces, fry on both sides in medium flame to light golden. Drain oil and place it in kitchen towel or plates.
- Serve with onions and glaze with lemon drops.
- You can use the same ingredients and procedures for any fish variety.
- Instead of deep fry in oil, pan fry the fish using less oil.
- Grind the masala to smooth and thick paste.If it is runny, the masalas will mix in oil while frying. Add little water and grind to fine thick paste.
- Be cautious on adding salt, No need to add more salt for fish.