Ghee rice recipe | How to make ghee rice recipe
Ghee rice recipe without coconut milk. Flavorful one pot meal to have with any curries both veg and non veg. But my choice is to have with spicy fish kuzhambhu or chicken gravy 🙂 . Making of this dish is very simple. Just season the garam masalas in clarified butter, add ginger garlic and green chilli paste and add rice to cook. I have already posted ghee rice with coconut milk.
Click here for more rice recipes.
Ghee rice recipe – Ingredients
Basmati rice – 2 cups
Water – 3.5 cups
Ginger – one long piece
Garlic – 6 cloves
Green chilli – 3 nos
Ghee (clarified butter) – 3 tbsp
Bay leaf – 1 no
Cinnamon – 1 piece
Cloves – 2 nos
Cardamom – 2 pods
How to make ghee rice:
- Wash basmati rice and soak in water for 30 mins.
- Grind ginger, garlic and green chilli together as a smooth paste.
- Heat a heavy bottomed vessel or pressure cooker, add ghee, once heated , season with cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaf.
- Then add grinded ginger,garlic and green chilli paste. Sauté for few mins till the raw smell of ginger garlic and green chilli leaves.
- Add 3.5 cups of water and needed salt. Drain the water completely from rice and add it after the water starts boiling.
- Close with a lid and cook in medium flame for 8 mins.
- Once done, drizzle with some ghee, garnish with roasted cashews and onions.
- Serve any curries like chicken kulambhu, fish kuzhambhu, mutton gravy or any gravies of your choice.
- Add little salt in rice as you already have enough salt in gravy.
- We can use jeeraga samba rice or normal rice instead of basmati rice.
- You can mint leaves while seasoning to get good flavour.
Check out some spicy gravies to have with this rice:
- Chettinad pepper Chicken
- Chicken Kuzhambhu
- Naatu kozhi kuzhambhu
- Egg Masala in Fresh Cream
- Mutton Kuzhambhu