Green chili tomato chutney recipe
Green chili tomato chutney recipe is a different version which i learned from mom. This is quite the same method what we do in red chilli tomato chutney. Just I replaced green chillies instead of red chilli. Surely you will like the combo of green chilli, shallots and tomatoes. It goes well with the accompaniment of dosa and idli. Lets try and let me know the outcome 🙂
Green chili tomato chutney recipe– Ingredients
- Shallots – 10 nos.
- Tomatoes – 2 nos.
- Green chillies – 5 nos.
- Coriander leaves – few
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Heat a tsp of oil in a kadai. Add shallots,and green chillies in it. Sauté well till the onion turns transparent.
- Then add tomatoes and salt, stir until the tomatoes turns soft.Add coriander leaves and saute for a minute.switch off and cool it well for few mins.
- Now add this mixture in a food processor and grind it to a fine chutney.
- Heat a tempering pan and season with the items given under “ to temper”.
- Serve with idli/ dosa
- If you want the chutney more tangy, add one more tomato to it.
- Saute the tomatoes well till it leaves the raw smell. Else it leaves water in chutney. It will spoil the taste.
- Adjust the green chilies and salt as needed.
You might like these recipes also:
- Peanut Chutney
- Kara Chutney
- Coconut Chutney
- Tomato chutney(Red chili version)
- Brinjal Kothsu
- Groundnut Chutney