Groundnut Chutney – Peanut Chutney – Verkadalai chutney
This Groundnut chutney is a little sweet, tangy and spicy chutney. It goes well with idli and dosa.Even it’s a best accompaniment of Lemon rice or puliyogare.
Groundnut Chutney – Ingredients
- Groundnuts/ Verkadalai – ½ cup
- Red chillies/ Vara milagai – 4 nos.
- Tamarind – 1 inch piece
- Coconut – ½ cup(shredded)
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard – ½ tsp
- Urad dal – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Heat a kadai and dry roast the groundnuts until it fully roasted. In the middle of roasting , you can check whether the nuts are easy to peel the skin.
- Then cool the nuts and peel the skin completely.
- In a mixer, add coconut, dry red chillies, tamarind, coconut and groundnuts. Blend well to smooth consistency by adding little salt.
- Then heat another pan, add a tsp of oil and temper with the items given under “to temper”.
- Then serve with idli / dosa.
- I added tamarind for little tanginess in the chutney. If you don’t like, you can skip it.
- While roasting the nuts don’t burn it. Because the chutney becomes bitter.
- Adjust the salt level as you need.
(Visited 211 times, 1 visits today)