Gur Para Recipe | How to make Gur Para Recipe
Gur para recipe – easy snacks recipe to munch with tea.Gur Pare is made with jaggery syrup and wheat flour and flavored with cardamom. We can store this upto 2 months in airtight container.
Here is how to make Gur Para recipe.
Gur Para Recipe
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Jaggery – ½ cup(powdered)
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee(clarified butter) – 3 tbsp(melted)
- Oil – for deep fry
- In a pan, add ½ cup of jaggery and add 1/3 cup of water . Heat until the jaggery gets completely dissolved.
- Filter the syrup and remove the impurities.
- In a mixing bowl , add 2 cups of wheat flour,cardamom powder and melted ghee. Mix well and add the jaggery syrup little by little.
- Knead the flour to smooth dough.
- Divide the dough as medium sized balls. Roll it as thick chapathis and cut into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a kadai to fry. Once oil gets heated, keep the flame low and fry in small batches.
- Fry both sides equally, drain the oil and place it in kitchen tissue.
- Cool completely and store in airtight container.
- If the jaggery syrup is not enough to knead as soft dough, add plain water to make it.
- While frying, keep the flame low after the oil gets heated. Over heat will burn the Gur para’s.
You might be interested in these snacks also: