Home made Ghee
Home made Ghee – Always home made one’s are the best for all foods than store bought one. I used to get butter from store and prepare ghee at home. I really love the flavor of curry leaves or drumstick leaves we add in it while melting. Moreover, the home made ghee will last for long than store bought ones.
Home made Ghee – Ingredients
- Butter/ Vennai – 250gms(I used oothukuli vennai)
- Curry leaves / drumstick leaves – 1 spring.
- If you keep the butter in refrigerator, take it out and let it sit to reach room temperature.
- Then transfer to a strong bottomed pan, heat it in low flame.
- The butter will start to melt, allow it to melt completely.
- Then add the curry leaves / drumstick leaves. It will give a sound after adding the leaves.
- Wait until the sound stops and ghee becomes clear.
- Then turn off the flame and drain the ghee. Then transfer to a silver container.
- Instead of curry leaves and drumstick leaves, we can use a tbsp of curd and a pinch of salt.
- But the curry leaves will give a nice flavor.