Karamani sweet Sundal | how to make karamani sweet sundal
Karamani Sweet Sundal – sweeter version of lobia seeds. It is used to prepare in Navaratri time for neivaidhyam and to serve for guests. You can make this anytime as it is protein rich food and can serve for all ages.we can prepare karamani sundal recipe both in sweet and savoury version.
Check out the health benefits of lobia seeds.
You might like these recipes also:
- Moong dal Sundal
- Wheat Pidi kozhukattai
- Channa Sundal
- Chick Peas Sundal
- Ammini Kozhukattai
- karamani vada
Prep time : 10 mins | Soak time : overnight or 4 hrs | serves : 4
Cuisine : South Indian
Karamani Sweet sundal – ingredients
Karamani / lobia seeds – 1 cup
Jaggery – ½ cup
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
Coconut – ¼ cup (shredded)
Salt – a pinch
How to make karamani sweet sundal:
- Soak karamani (cowgram) overnight or 4 to 5 hrs in water.
- Rinse well and pressure cook for 3 to 4 hisses with 1 cup of water and a pinch of salt.
- Drain excess water and keep aside.
- Heat a kadai, add jaggery (vellam), after it melts strain using a filter to remove impurities.
- Heat the syrup in the same kadai. Add cooked dal and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder, shredded coconut and give a quick stir.Turn off the flame and serve hot.
- We can use any dals like red gram, horse gram or green gram in the same method.
- Adjust jaggery as of your taste.
- Add a pinch of salt to enhance the taste. Salt always works well on sweets.