Keerai thandu kootu recipe | side dish recipes
Keerai thandu kootu recipe – protein rich healthy food.Good to relish with a glimpse of clarified butter (ghee). Is there any happiness to harvest veggies from our own kitchen garden.My mom planted keerai in our backyard and we used to harvest whenever we want it.
- Keerai thandu – 1 cup or as needed
- Moong dal – ½ cup
- Big onions or small onions – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 no ( cut into 4 pieces)
- Sambar milagai thool – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
- Salt – as required
To season :
- Refined oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Hing – a generous pinch
- Curry leaves – few
How to make keerai thandu kootu recipe:
- Wash and remove outer skin from keerai thandu and cut into small pieces.
- Chop onions , tomatoes and set aside.
- Pressure cook moong dal with enough water for 3 to 4 hisses.
- Once the dal is ready, add turmeric powder, salt, chopped onions, tomatoes and keerai thandu.
- Let it cook in medium flame.
- Once the veggies get cooked, add 2 tbsp of sambar powder.
- Mix well and allow to boil for 2 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat a seasoning pan, add oil and temper with mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and hing.
- Add the seasoning to dal and turn off the flame.
- Serve with hot rice with a glimpse of clarified butter.
you might like these recipes also: