Lemon rice is a famous south Indian traditional recipe..especially the lemon rice serving at the temple is more tasty 🙂 . This rice is very easy and simple to prepare in minutes. It’s a good lunch box menu to make in hurry burry. I added Peanuts and cashews this will really enhance the taste. But this is optional only. If you don’t have stock ,omit it.Also coconut oil will give more taste to this lemon rice. I tested with gingelly oil, it tastes good. So you can use any oil. Now off to this easy recipe 🙂
Lemon Rice – Ingredients
- Rice – 1 cup
- Lemon – 2(Small size)
- Coriander Leaves – few
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Red chilly – 3 nos
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tbsp
- Peanuts – 3tbsp(Roasted & Peeled)
- Cashews – 5 to 6 nos
- Hing – a generous pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Cook rice with two cups of water and cool down in a vessel by adding a tsp of coconut oil.Adding oil is to avoid stickiness.
- Extract juice from lemon and remove seeds. Keep aside.
- Now heat a pan, add oil, once the oil heated add mustard seeds. After the mustard seeds starts spluttering add urad dal, channa dal, Roasted peanuts and cashews one by one.
- Now add Red chillies, curry leaves and Hing.
- Then add salt and turmeric powder. Stir well and add lemon juice. Mix well and switch off the stoves once it starts boiling.
- Now add cooked rice to lemon mixture. Mix well and adjust the salt before serving.Garnish with coriander leaves.
- If you are using big lemon, one is enough. For small size lemons use two nos.
- Instead of Red chilli we can use green chilli that flavours different.
- Like coconut oil, gingelly oil and refined oil will also taste good.