Mango Rice |how to make mango rice |Lunch box recipes
Mango Rice | Rice recipes-Looking for easy lunch box packing? Then the mango rice is a super good choice. Its vary from normal schedules of puliyotharai and lemon rice.This mango recipe has tangy nature and tastes awesome with some crunchiness of mango we used in grated form. It needs very less ingredients, other than grating part, we can make it in 5 minutes. Also, it will go well with simple pappads and pickle. But usually I don’t prefer pickles for variety rice.Pappadam, potato curries are best .
Mangoes are seasonal in summer, there are some mango trees in my grandma’s place. She packed this for me.. In Raw mango , I love to prepare Mango pachadi and mango rice. I already posted pachadi. So rice is the next choice.Also, My Friends keep asking me for easy lunch box recipes to pack. I am very lazy in packing lunch box.That too in this winter season, my god! I can’t wake up before 6.30am. Then ,as usual hurry burry schedule will start for office. Hope this recipe will be useful for working and the people who bored with usual preparations.
You might like these Mango recipes also
Prep time : 10 mins | Cook time : 5 mins | Serves : 2
Recipe Category : Rice Varieties
Cuisine : South Indian
Mango Rice Recipe – Ingredients
Raw mango – 2 nos (Medium Size)
Rice – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups ( To cook rice)
Turmeric – ¼ tsp
Peanuts – 2 tbsp
Red Chilies – 2 nos.
Green Chilies – 3 nos.(slitted)
Salt – as needed
To season :
Gingelly oil -3 tbsp
Mustard – ½ tsp
Urad dal – 1 tsp
Channa dal/Kadalai Paruppu – 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves – few
How to make Mango rice:
- Pressure cook rice with 2 cups of water , once done cool the rice by adding 1 tbsp of oil in a wide vessel.
- Wash two mangoes, peel off the skin and grate it well.keep it aside.
- Heat a wok, add 2 tbsp of oil,after the oil gets heated,add mustard, urad dal,channa dal, peanuts and curry leaves.
- Then add slitted green chilies, pinch the red chilies and add. Give a quick stir and add turmeric powder and salt.
- Stir for 30 secs in medium or low heat. Then add grated mango , stir for 1 minute.
- Do not allow the mango to completely mash.Some crunchiness in the mid will be good to taste along with rice.
- Turn off the flame once the mango was done. Add this mixture to cooked and cooled rice. Mix well and sits for 30 mins before serving.
- This rice will be good with pappads and vadagams.
- For 1 cup of rice, 2 cups of water is enough. Do not mash the rice as it will not taste good for this rice.
- We add oil in cooked rice to avoid stickiness. So do not skip it.
- Mango has tanginess in nature, so addition of green chili and red chili will equalize the taste. You can one more red chilli if you want.
- Adjust the salt level as for the taste.
- After adding turmeric, stir in medium flame to get rid off raw smell in it.
- Sit the mixed rice for 30 mins atleast before serving. The mango mixture will blend well with rice then.