Masala Corn Chaat | Chaat recipes
Masala Corn Chaat | Chaat recipes – Corn is a starchy vegetable rich in carbohydrate content.Addition of corn to recipes will increase the nutrient value.This corn chaat is a kid friendly and healthy snack to make in very less time. I tried this chaat recipe as like street side stalls which really tasted awesome. Almost I got the similar taste as well Addition of amchur powder gives saline taste and it combines with red chili powder and chaat masala. These combos worked wonderful
I wanted to prepare this less spicy and closer to street food taste. But you can add lemon juice, onions, carrot and other ings of your choice.
Prep time : 10 mins | Cook time : 10 mins | serves : 3
Recipe Cuisine : Indian | Category : Chat recipes
Recipe Source : Own
Masala Corn Chaat | Chaat recipes – ingredients
- Frozen Corn – 1 cup
- Water -1 cup
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 ½ tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Amchur powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp or as needed
- Coriander leaves – to garnish (chopped)
- Peel of the layers and husks from corn cob, using a knife take the kernels alone in a bowl.
- Pressure cook these frozen corn kernels with 1 cup water for 4 hisses or microwave high for 5 mins.
- Drain the water completely and keep aside.
- Now heat a wok or pan, add butter , once it melts, add cooked corn and keep the flame low.
- Add all the masalas which includes chaat masala powder, red chili powder, amchur powder and salt.
- Mix well in low flame for 3 mins and turn off the stove. Serve hot with a glaze of butter and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Instead of using corn cobs, we can buy packed frozen corn kernels which is available in many super markets.
- Addition of amchur powder is optional. But the addition increases the flavor and taste.