Mint Chaas | Summer Recipes | Pudhina Buttermilk
Mint chaas is the best coolant summer recipe. Its an Indian recipe to consume in afternoon to come over heat particularly in summer. This pudhina buttermilk is a flavourful , spicy and hydrated drink. So can we say its a full package to have in this summer?. Yes 🙂 . Its best to serve as cold. And also with fresh veggies like carrot or cucumber. These combos make a good brunch as well.
Mint Chaas | Summer Recipes | Pudhina Buttermilk – Ingredients
Prep time : 5 mins | Yields : 2 glasses | Recipe Category : Drinks & beverages
Recipe Source : Own
- Mint – 1 tbsp or 6 mint leaves
- Thick Curd – 1 cup
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Chaat powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp or as required
- Chilled Water – ½ cup
- Take off Mint leaves from its stem, wash thoroughly in water and keep aside.
- Peel off ginger, wash both green chilli and ginger. Take a cup of thick and chilled curd.
- In a small mixie jar, add mint leaves , green chilli and ginger. Grind it to a smooth paste using little curd.
- Then transfer this to large jar, add remaining curd, salt, water and chat powder.
- Grind for 40 secs to 1 min.
- You will be getting a frothy and flavourful chaas. Serve in glasses garnishing with mint leaves and sprinkle some chaat powder.
- If you use thick curd, add ½ cup of chilled water. If it is buttermilk, no need to add water.
- The amount which i mentioned will yield 2 full glasses. Adjust the levels for the quantity you want to prepare.
- If the chaas is too thick, you can add little more water.
Check out my other coolants here:
- Tomato Lemonade
- Lemon Ice tea
- Fig Fruit milk shake
- Lemon Mocktail
- Mango banana smoothies
- Watermelon drink
- Guava lemonade
- Sapota milkshake