Moong Dal Sundal
Happy Dasara Friends!
Wanna post durga pooja recipes for this kolu season. Enjoy this festive and healthy sundal.
Moong Dal Sundal – Ingredients
- Moong Dal – 1 cup
- Water – as needed( To cook dal)
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Hing – a pinch
- Salt – as needed
- Coconut (Shredded) – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Red chillies – 2 nos.
In a wok, dry roast moong dal till the smell slightly comes. Don’t burn the dals by roasting in high flame.Switch off and keep aside.
- In a sauce pan or wide bottomed vessel, add enough water to cook dal. Once it starts boiling add roasted Moong dal, salt,turmeric and Hing.The dal will cook within 3 to 5 mins. So be careful of not mashing the dal.
- While cooking, just check by slightly pressing the dal. It will be soft. Now turn off the stove and completely drain the water.Give a single rinse with cold water to avoid further cooking in heat.
- Now Heat a seasoning pan, add oil once it get heated , temper with mustard, Urad dal, curry leaves and red chilli one by one.
- Then add cooked moong dal. Give a quick stir and add shredded coconut and toss well. Turn off the flame and serve in plates.
- Don’t mash dals while cooking. Because it will get cooked in less time.
- Instead of red chilli, you can add green chillies too.
- A single toss is enough after adding coconut.
- Don’t skip dry roasting dals. It gives a nice flavor to sundal