Mughlai Chicken Briyani |Chicken Recipes
Mughlai Chicken Briyani |Chicken Recipes – Ingredients
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Basmati /Jeeraga samba rice – 2 cups
- Big Onions – 1 cup( Finely chopped – lengthwise)
- Tomato – 1 cup(pureed)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Green chillies – 4 nos(Crushed)
- Coriander leaves – 1 cup(Crushed)
- Cashewnuts – 2 tbsp (powdered)
- Khus khus(Poppy seeds) – 2 tbsp( Powdered)
- Kopra/dried coconut – 2 tbsp(powdered)
- Food colour(Orange) – a pinch(Optional)
- Pepper corns – 1 tsp
- Bay Leaf – few
- Marudani mokku – few
- Cinnamon – small stick
- Cloves – 4 nos.
- Oil – 3 tbsps
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Curd – 2 cups
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Wash chicken well with turmeric and keep aside.Then soak saffron in ¼ cup of milk and set aside.
- Now prepare the marination mixture. Beat curd well then mix the spices given under for marination.Add salt and mix well. Then add chicken and mix well. Let it sit for 20 to 30 mins for marination.
- Then soak basmati or jeeraga samba rice in water for 15 to 20 mins. Then rinse and drain the water. Then boil enough water to cook rice. Once it starts bubbling, add pepper corns, bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and marudani mokku.
- Once it starts boiling, add soaked rice and cook until the rice half cooked, turn off the stove and drain the water completely..
- Then cool the rice well by adding a tsp of oil or ghee. This is to avoid stickiness.
- Heat a strong bottomed pan, pour oil and once it heated, sauté the onions till it turns transparent.
- Then add ginger garlic paste. Stir well until it leaves raw smell.
- Now add powdered copra, khus khus and cashew nuts. Saute for 2 minutes. Then add tomato puree and salt. Stir well and cook till the oil separates .
- Then add marinated chicken to it. Stir for 5 mins and cook the chicken covered with lid.
- Once the chicken fully cooked, turn off the flame.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, grease with butter or ghee. Fill the first layer as cooked basmati rice.Then the second layer as cooked chicken gravy. Do the same for remaining rice and gravy. Final layer must be basmati rice.Then add saffron soaked milk to it.
- Cover with lid and put some weight over the lid.This is to avoid the steam coming out.
- Keep the flame low and cook for 45 mins to 1 hr. Then turn off the flame and wait for 15 mins to open.
- Mean while mix a pinch of orange food colour in 1 tsp of water.
- Open the lid and sprinkle the orange water over the rice.
- Mix the rice using back side of ladle.But don’t smash the rice. Mix it gently and then top with coriander leaves , and roasted onions before serving.
Serve hot with onion raita/cucumber raita/pineapple sauce
- Instead of milk, you can use coconut milk also.
- You can use the same method in pressure cooker as well. While doing in it, no need to put weight. Simply close with lid and cook in low flame for 30 mins to 45 mins.
- While mixing, don’t smash the rice. Mix it gently using thin ladle.
(Visited 379 times, 1 visits today)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE