Muttai Kuzhambhu – Ingredients
- Eggs – 3 nos.
- Big onions – 1 no.(Finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 big size ( Finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Coconut – ¼ cup
- Khus khus – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 2 nos.
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- To season:
Oil – 2 tsp
- Cinnamon – small inch piece
- Cloves – 2nos.
- In a vessel, take half amount of water or with the level the eggs are fully dipped.Boil it in medium flame for 10 to 12 mins.
- Then cool down and peel off the skin and keep aside.
- Now grind a paste given under “ to grind” to a smooth level. Then Chop the onions and tomatoes finely and keep aside.
- Now heat a strong bottomed pan, add oil and season with cloves and cinnamon.
- Then add chopped onions, sauté well till it turns brownish. After that add ginger garlic paste , stir well till the raw smell leaves.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and sprinkle some salt over it.Stir well till the tomatoes get cooked well and reach a pickle stage.
- Now add the spice powders which includes red chilli powder, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder. Stir well for 2 mins in medium flame. Then add a grounded coconut mix. Mix well and add 1 cup of water.Add curd once it starts boiling.
- Slit the egg on all sides and add it to the gravy.
- Allow the gravy to boil for some time or until it becomes thick.Then turn off the flame and garnish with coriander or curry leaves.
Serve hot with steamed rice/ roti/chappathi
(Visited 109 times, 1 visits today)