Oats Porridge | Healthy Breakfast
Oats Porridge – A simple, healthy breakfast option. We can easily make this with avail veggies and little pepper.Its health benefit is high.A day started with a cup of steamed oatmeal will be highly active. Tastewise oats is not my option always .For a health supplement I am trying to make some interesting recipes with veggies and other ingredients. Here comes the porridge.
Oats Porridge Recipe – Ingredients
- Oats – ½ cup
- Big Onion – 1 no.(finely chopped)
- Carrot – 1 no. (finely chopped)
- Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Coriander leaves – few
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Wash carrot , peel the skin and chop into small pieces.
- Cook separately by adding enough water.
- Once done, drain the water completely and keep aside
- Heat a wok, add a tsp of butter and add chopped onions. Saute well till the onion turns transparent.
- Add Oats to it and roast for 1 min.
- Add Enough water to it and add cooked carrots and salt.
- Cook covered in medium flame for 5 mins.
- Finally add pepper powder and finely chopped coriander leaves.Turn off the stove and serve hot with pickle.
- We can use any quality brand of oats to make porridge. Mine is Quaker.
- Other than carrots we can use chopped beans and cabbage to this porridge to make a good health supplement.
- Adjust the pepper and salt as for your taste. The level which I mentioned above is perfect for ½ cup of oats.
- Don’t skip coriander its a main taste enhancer in this porridge.