Paneer Biryani | How to make paneer Biryani | Lunch Box Ideas
Paneer Biryani or Paneer pulav is the spicy and tasty Indian rice recipe to fill a perfect meal. It tastes wonderful with all kind of raitas. Paneer is the easiest and tastiest ingredient to prepare a variety of dishes. This biryani / pulav is a very simple method to prepare. Lets see How to make paneer biryani.
Check my other biryani recipes :
Paneer Biryani Recipe – Ingredients
Prep time : 20 mins | cook time : 20 mins | serves : 4
Cuisine : Indian
- Paneer – 250gms
- Basmati rice/ Jeeraga samba rice – 2 cups
- Curd – ½ cup
- Big onions – 2 nos(Finely chopped)
- Tomatoes(Big size) – 2 nos(Finely chopped)
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Mint leaves – 1 cup
- Green chillies – 2 nos.(slitted)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 2tbsp
- Red chilly powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala(Bay leaf,Cloves, cinnamon,Cardamom,star anise)
- Cut the paneer in to desired shape and marinate with the items given under “for marination”.
- Let it sit for 30 mins.
- Soak basmati rice in water for atleast 20 mins.
- Then Heat a heavy bottomed pan, pour oil+ghee. Once it heated, fry the marinated paneer cubes to brownish and keep it aside.
- In the remaining oil, temper with garam masala mentioned under “ for seasoning”. Then add chopped onions, sauté well till it turns transparent.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Stir well until the raw smell leaves.
- Then add chopped tomatoes. Stir well till it becomes mushy.
- Then add mint leaves and stir well.Now add red chilli powder and fried paneer cubes. sauté it for a minute.
- After that , add curd and 3 ½ cups of water. Once it starts boiling , add soaked basmati rice to it. Drain the water fully and add.
- Add salt and close with a lid. Place some weight on the top of lid.
- Keep the flame simmer and cook for 20 mins.
- Then switch off the flame. Open it after 10 mins. Fluff the rice without mashing it. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with onion / cucumber raita
- Don’t let the drained basmati rice sit for long time. Because the rice will break.
- Adjust the salt and spice level as for your taste.
- Instead of water, we can add coconut milk also. It will taste good.
You might like these rice recipes also: