Poori/Puri!! A common indian breakfast served at special or ceremonial rituals along with other vegetarian recipes.I usually prepare poori’s when we have guest at home but not frequently.In my childhood days , amma makes it in special occasions or Sundays. So always it’s a treat to eat. May be rarity makes it very special 🙂 . Once I had poori with channa masala and some other gravies. But I love Potato Masala to the core.While I thought of posting this poori recipe, I planned to post the final picture alone. Never thought to post the steps 🙂 .I wonder how to take snaps while fluffing.Hope it came out 😉 is it?. Now off to the recipe.
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Gingelly oil – 1 tsp(for dough)
- Refined oil – As needed(To make poori’s)
- Salt – as needed
- Take 1 cup of wheat flour in a bowl, add salt and mix well.
- Now add water little by little and make a dough.
- Finally grease oil in hands and give a finishing in dough.
- Let it sit for ½ an hr.Then divide equal proportions and roll.
- I used Poori maker, you can normally use the roller.
- Apply oil or dust with flour while making poori’s.
- Heat oil in a pan to make poori’s. Make sure the oil is enough to immerse the poori.Once the oil is heated,keep it in low flame and drop the poori one by one.
- Cook on both sides to golden color.
Now the hot and fluffy poori is ready to serve with potato masala.
- You can add hot water to make the dough.
- Adding oil in dough is completely optional. I added to avoid stickiness.Moreover which makes the dough soft.
- After dropping poori in oil, press in center using spatula.Then turn on other side.
- For crispy poori’s as in restaurant’s you can add 1 tsp of rava while making dough.