Potato bajji | snacks
Potato Bajji – Sudden preparation for this rainy weather . Wanted something spicy and hot with a cup of tea. So swiftly prepared this bajji . It’s a very simple method to make instant fluffy bajji’s .
Potato Bajji recipe – Ingredients
- Potatoes – 2 nos.
- Besan Flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 4 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Cooking soda – a pinch (optional)
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – for deep frying
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and peel off the skin. Cut them into round slices and keep aside.
- In a wide bowl, add rice flour, besan flour, cooking soda, chilli powder and salt together and mix well.
- Add little water and mix to a semi thick paste consistency. The batter shouldn’t be too runny or too thick.
- Make ready the batter and heat enough oil in a wok to fry bajji’s.
- Once the oil get heated, dip the sliced potatoes in prepared batter and put in oil. Then flip on other side to fry equally on both sides.
- Then drain the oil and place it in kitchen towl. Serve hot with coconut chutney, coriander chutney or mint chutney.
- While frying bajji’s keep the flame in medium to avoid burning.
- For color you can add food color. But I don’t recommend for home preps.
- Adjust the chilli powder and salt as per the taste.
Yoou might like these recipe also: