Potato Masala Kuzhambhu | Kuzhambhu recipes
Potato Masala Kuzhambhu – well go with steamed rice or idli or dosai.
Prep time : 10 mins | Cook time : 15 mins | Serves : 4
Cuisine : South Indian
Potato Masala Kuzhambhu | Ingredients:
- Potato – 2 or 3 nos.
- Big Onions – 1 no. (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 no( finely chopped)
- Garlic pods – 7 nos.(crushed finely)
- Green chili – 1 no.(slitted)
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Kuzhambhu chili powder ( sambar powder) – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Coconut – ½ cup
- Cashewnuts – 5 nos
- Fennel seeds(sombhu) – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cinnamon – ½ inch piece
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Curry leaves – few
- Peel the potato skin and pressure cook for 5 whistles. After it completely cooled, cut into medium level pieces.
- Grind the ingredients coconut, cashews and fennel seeds as a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat a kadai, add oil and season with bay leaf, cinnamon and cloves. Then add garlic and curry leaves. Stir for a second and add chopped onions. Stir well till the onions becomes transparent . Add chopped tomatoes on it and sprinkle some salt. Cook in medium flame till the tomatoes turn pickle stage and leaves oil on sides.
- Add turmeric powder,red chili powder and kuzhambhu chili powder , mix well and add grounded coconut paste and enough water. Now add boiled potatoes in it.
- Cook covered with a lid for 5 minutes or till the gravy becomes semi thicken(kuzhambhu consistency). Turn off the stove and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with rices/idli / dosa
- Add veggies like drumstick or cauliflower of your choice in addition with potatoes.
You might like these recipes also:
(Visited 186 times, 1 visits today)