Potato Masala Kuzhambhu – well go with steamed rice or idli or dosai.
Prep time : 10 mins | Cook time : 15 mins | Serves : 4
Cuisine : South Indian
Potato Masala Kuzhambhu | Ingredients:
- Potato – 2 or 3 nos.
- Big Onions – 1 no. (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 no( finely chopped)
- Garlic pods – 7 nos.(crushed finely)
- Green chili – 1 no.(slitted)
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Kuzhambhu chili powder ( sambar powder) – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Coconut – ½ cup
- Cashewnuts – 5 nos
- Fennel seeds(sombhu) – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cinnamon – ½ inch piece
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Curry leaves – few
- Peel the potato skin and pressure cook for 5 whistles. After it completely cooled, cut into medium level pieces.
Grind the ingredients coconut, cashews and fennel seeds as a smooth paste and keep aside. Heat a kadai, add oil and season with bay leaf, cinnamon and cloves. Then add garlic and curry leaves. Stir for a second and add chopped onions. Stir well till the onions becomes transparent . Add chopped tomatoes on it and sprinkle some salt. Cook in medium flame till the tomatoes turn pickle stage and leaves oil on sides. Add turmeric powder,red chili powder and kuzhambhu chili powder , mix well and add grounded coconut paste and enough water. Now add boiled potatoes in it. Cook covered with a lid for 5 minutes or till the gravy becomes semi thicken(kuzhambhu consistency). Turn off the stove and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with rices/idli / dosa
- Add veggies like drumstick or cauliflower of your choice in addition with potatoes.
You might like these recipes also:
(Visited 94 times, 1 visits today)