Pudina rice | How to make pudina rice
Pudina Rice – Mint flavoured rice to pack for lunch with simple raita as accompaniment. Mint is used in biryani recipes and pulao in our Indian cuisine.To add on more taste and health, we can add some veggies and Pattani to this rice. I made this pulao using normal rice. I would say, basmati rice gives a special taste for this recipe.
You might like these rice recipes also:
Prep time : 10 mins | cook time : 15 mins | serves : 4
cuisine : Indian
Pudina rice – Ingredients
To cook rice:
Rice – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
To make Pudina paste:
Mint leaves – 2 cups or 2 handfuls (cleaned)
Green chilies – 4 nos
Ginger – 3 small pieces
Garlic – 8 to 10 pods
Big onions – 1 no (finely chopped)
Salt – as needed
Ghee + oil – 4 tbsp
Brinji leaf – 1 no.
Clove – 2 nos
Cinnamon – ½ inch stick
To garnish :
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Cashews – 2 tbsp
Big onions – ½ (chopped lengthwise)
How to make Pudina rice:
- Wash rice and pressure cook with 2 cups of water.
- Let it cool in a wide vessel.
- In a mixer, grind ginger,garlic and mint leaves to a fine paste.
- Heat a kadai, roast cashews, and onions separately and set in the plate for garnishing.
- In the same pan, add extra oil if needed. Then season with brinjj leaf, clove, and cinnamon.
- Add finely chopped onions and saute well.
- Add grounded mint paste and required salt.Saute till leaves oil on top.
- Turn off the flame, add rice to this mixture.
- Mix well and serve with raita and papad.