1 cup Rava
1 cup Coconut
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
6 to 7 nos cashews
2 tbsp ghee
2 tsp cardamom powder
Rava coconut burfi recipe – easy and simple to make Diwali sweet always have a special place in Diwali menu. Rather than plain coconut burfi and rava burfi, this coconut rava burfi has a unique taste. Crunchiness of rava and chewy coconut will tempt you to eat more. I added cashews only. You can add your favorite nuts.This recipe hardly takes 30 mins including preparation and cooking. This is not a Diwali sweet alone, you can make at any time or to serve for guests or for gift packing.
How to make Rava Coconut Burfi recipe:
- Grease a plate using ghee and keep it aside.
- Heat a strong bottomed kadai, dry roast rava, and place on a separate plate.
- In the same pan, dry roast shredded coconut till nice aroma comes. Don’t roast till it changes color. Keep the flame medium low to do this process.
- Add ghee in the same kadai, roast well, remove excess ghee and keep on a plate.
- Add sugar in the kadai. Add 1 cup of water to it.
- Cook the sugar syrup till it reaches single string consistency.
- Add rava to this sugar syrup and mix well.
- Now add the roasted coconut and give a nice mix.
- Once it becomes slightly thick, add roasted cashews and cardamom powder.
- Mix well till it comes to rolling stage. It should leave on sides. Now turn off the flame.
- Transfer to greased plate spread evenly and gently press on top.
- Cut to desired shapes using a knife. Let it cool completely before taking the cakes from a plate.
- Adjust sugar as of your taste.
- Make sure the sugar syrup is in right consistency (single string). If it is not, you will not get proper cakes.
- Instead of cardamom, you can add rose essence also.
Check out these recipes also: