To make dough
1/2 cup sugar
1 no Egg
1 cup All Purpose flour / Maida
2 nos cardamom pods
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
as required Refined oil
Vettu cake recipe – a cake available in Kerala tea shops to relish with chai. I have tried this cake from lincy’s space and it came out well similar to the taste which we get in tea shops.you can make in desired shapes. But , make sure you placed a deep cut in the centre as it allows the cake to fry well.
How to make vettu cake recipe:
- In a mixer, grind sugar and cardamom as a powder.
- In a bowl, beat an egg using a wire whisk till it becomes frothy.
- Add sugar and cardamom mixture in it, mix well.
- Then add all purpose flour /maida, baking soda and turmeric. Knead as a soft dough. Add extra flour if the dough is sticky.
- Take a small portion and form into a log and cut into equal sections.
- Make deep cuts on four sides without fully cutting the cake.
- Do the same for remaining dough.
- Heat enough oil in a pan to fry the cakes.
- Keep the flame medium low,Fry both sides till golden color. Drain extra oil and place on a kitchen towel.
- Serve with chai.
You might like these snacks recipes also:
- Corn Cob
- Sweet Potato Bonda
- Rajma Cutlet
- Steamed Maravalli Kizhanghu
- Potato Bajji
- Moong dal Sundal
- Medu Vada
- Wheat Pidi kozhukattai
- Aloo Paneer Rolls
- Channa Sundal
- Chick Peas Sundal
- Ammini Kozhukattai
- karamani vada
- Karamani sweet Sundal
- Bitter gourd chips