Rice Kheer recipe |Indian desserts
Rice Kheer recipe is a very simple and easy Indian desserts. This tastes awesome while serving chilled. This kheer needs easily available and simple ingredients. Try this delicious dessert and share the feedback .
Here is the steps how to make rice kheer recipe.
Rice Kheer recipe
- Raw rice – 1 cup
- Milk – 1/2 ltr
- Sugar – ½ cup or more
- Cashews – 6 to 8 nos.
- Raisins/Kismiss – 6 to 8 nos.
- Rose essence – 1 tsp
- Saffron – few strands (optional)
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Heat a pan and pour the ghee. Once the ghee heated, roast the nuts and raisins. Keep it aside.
- With the remaining ghee, roast the rice to golden brown. Then turn off the flame and cool it fully.
- Now grind the roasted rice to coarse powder.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan, boil the milk. Once it starts boiling, add powdered rice powder and sugar.
- Let it boil for 5 more minutes. Once it becomes semi thick, add roasted cashew nuts, raisins, saffron strands, cardamom powder and rose water. Mix well and turn off the flame.
- While roasting the rice, don’t burn it. Just roast it to golden brown.
- Don’t skip the rose water. It will enhance the taste and aroma.
- Adjust the sugar level as you need.
You might like these desserts also:
- Orange filled corn flakes kheer
- Pomegranate Payasam
- Semiya Payasam
- Paruppu payasam
- Rose flavoured rice pudding
- Watermelon Rind Kheer