Semiya Kesari Recipe | Vermicelli Kesari
Semiya kesari – Easy and less time to make dessert. This kesari can be prepared using milk as well. This dessert will help you to make instant sweet for sudden guests. We can refrigerate this vermicelli kesari for 3 days. Heat adding a tsp of ghee while serving.Enjoy this sweet as hot or warm.
Semiya Kesari Recipe – Ingredients
- Semiya(vermicelli) – 2 cups
- Boiling water – 1 ¼ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cashews and raisins – 2tbsp each
- Food color(orange or red) – a generous pinch
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Heat a thick bottomed wok, add a tbsp of ghee,roast cashews and raisins, drain the ghee and set in plate.
- In the same wok, add semiya and roast in low flame for a minute.Add 1 ¼ cup of boiling water and let it cook.
- Add sugar in it and stir well. Then add food color and cardamom powder, mix well and add a tbsp of ghee.
- Finally add the roasted cashews and raisins . once the kesari leaves ghee on sides, switch off the flame and serve hot.
- Use fine vermicelli for this water measurement. Water level varies depends on semiya.
- Add nuts of your choice to make the dessert more delicious.
- Roast the vermicelli well to avoid stickiness in kesari.
- Add a pinch of salt if you wish. I didn’t add, but the addition of little salt in sweets enhance the taste.
You might like these recipes also.
- Semiya Payasam
- Ada Pradhaman
- Custard Halwa
- Coconut Laddu
- Choconut Truffles
- Rava Appalu
- Rice Kheer
- Carrot Halwa