Semiya Paal Ice | Homemade Popsicle recipe
Semiya Paal Ice / Vermicelli popsicle – made with roasted semiya(vermicelli) and creamy milk, flavoured with cardamom. To add-on the taste, I have added some chopped almonds and cashews. This homemade popsicle recipe is very handy on this summer.
You might like these popsicle recipes:
Prep time : 15 mins | freezing time : 8 hrs or overnight | yields: 8 nos
Semiya Paal ice – Ingredients
Vermicelli – ½ cup
Milk – 2 cups
Sugar – ½ cup
Cardamom powder/ vanilla essence – ½ tsp
Cashews and almonds – as needed(optional)
How to make semiya paal ice:
- Dry roast semiya till it slightly changes to golden brown.
- Boil milk, add roasted semiya and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, once it dissolves, add cardamom powder and turn off the flame.
- Add chopped nuts and mix well.
- Cool completely and pour into popsicle moulds.
- Close with lid and freeze for at least 8 hrs or whole night.
- Before unmold the pops, show the mould base in tap water for secs and you can easily unmold the popsicle.
- Use vanilla essence or rose-water instead of cardamom powder.
- Adjust the sugar level as of your taste.
- A pinch of salt to add in will increase the taste.
- Addition of nuts is optional. The plain version will also be good.
- If you gonna use popsticks, after filling the mixture in moulds, cover with aluminium foil or any wrap, prick in the centre using knife to insert sticks.
Collection of recipe you must need on this summer:
Lemon Iced Tea,Fig milkshake,Lemon Mocktail,Mango Banana Smoothie,Mint Chaas | Pudhina Buttermilk,Watermelon drink,Guava Lemonade,Sapota milkshake,Tomato Lemonade,Watermelon Milkshake,Sweet Punjabi Lassi,Amla Juice,Oreo Milkshake,Apple Cinnamon Tea,Apple Lassi,Mango Milkshake
Here is some semiya recipes you would like to check: